Wednesday 2 October 2013

Look Book Shoot for Luca Michele

I worked with a graduate recently on a new label he has set up with his brother, Luca Michele. They briefed me on the look they wanted for their new S/S'14 collection, as with most look books I've done, the focus is the clothes and the style needs to be modern and simple. Some images I was briefed with and my visual responses.




I suggested that given the colour schemes, we take the lip in either a more plummy option or fuchsia direction and here were a few fashion&beauty images I pulled.



Given the S/S season, we decided on the pinker scheme and on the day I swatched a few glosses, stains and lipstick combinations to show the designer duo. The chose combination was a Mac Nicki Minaj Viva Glam shade and a Barry M bright bubblegum pink gloss over the top, this was more appropriate given the tone of the teal fabric in their collection versus a brighter more fuchsia tone. 







And voila, some of the images I received, pretty pleased with them. Her face looks clean and simple and the pink has worked out well with the fabrics and colour ways. The model, Michaela is lovely and gorgeous and I definitely want to work with her again. For my own graduate look book if not before on a beauty shoot. Also the photographer Danny Baldwin was great to work with, lovely and on point. Great rates to hire out his studio and his services!

Some on set photo snaps!






Products used.. 

Illamasqua Skin Bases
Illamasqua Skin Base Lift
Benefit That Gal
Benefit Porefessional
Illamasqua Hollow
Illamasqua Heroine
Mac Shadows (see new palette)
Kiko Clear Mascara
Laura mercier Baked Bronze 02 & Highlight
Benefit Browzings
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder
Barry M gloss
Barry M lipliner
Mac Viva Glam Nicki 2
Urban Decay Setting Spray
Urban Decay Eye primer

No comments:

Post a Comment